Sunday 18 August 2013

The New Tablecloth

My lovely table now has a new tablecloth. No fading at the sides, edges or where Booboo sits in general and therefore warrants additionally strong cleaning gear, just beautiful red checks. It even smells new - how can I describe the smell and make it sound as good as it is without seeming like some kind of glue sniffer-type? It's a little rubbery, PVC like with a nuance of generally new chemicals. It's good.

Today has been the return for the holidays and I'm having to accept that my holidays are sliding away from me, if not entirely gone. But hey there are still two weeks of delightful fun with Biggie and Booboo. Plus Husband#1, who if ever he hides away from me in a dream again will get a rather unusual shock. Just try me, boy.

So it was KC's birthday lunch today, as it was the swap over, so I made a nice lunch of a deconstructed Niçoise salad. There being no tuna at Morrisons yesterday (or saffron, get your shelves sorted, Mr Head Honcho of Morrisons), and me not being a fan of salmon, I went for smoked salmon fillets and steaks. They worked really well. So I cooked and chilled green beans and new potatoes, washed cherry tomatoes, hard boiled six eggs and added it all to a large platter in piles and added black olives and tinned anchovies. I pan-cooked the salmon on a hot frying pan, having rubbed with olive oil. The dressing was sherry vinegar, mustard and extra virgin olive oil. Wow it was much tastier than expected!

Having got home and unpacked, we sat down to chicken, green pepper and caramelised onion pizza and prison break only to discover we'd left the remote control at the caravan. Bejaysus.  So we watched Fish Town and ate pizza and now we're in bed. Not high living, but nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment