Tuesday 20 August 2013

The Diet

So it's bad enough knowing you've got a larger than is good for you jelly, without your five year old telling you it's time for a change.

But what pleasure is there in life apart from food? How can anyone take pleasure from green rubbish and exercise, for goodness sake?

But it's important to her and I love her, plus I'd rather not be hearing about my jelly every few minutes. So there's a long way to go for this working mum (who cooks) but I'm on my way. I'm not saying how much I need to lose but there are 30 to go :-(

So yesterday we had my very own summer vegetable pasta. Straight from the garden I prodded broad beans, washed and chopped French beans (they were a little overgrown so chopping was best) and ribboned a yellow courgette. I sautéed two cloves of garlic, a red onion, some chopped mushrooms and then added the French beans. I put in a little chicken stock and balsamic vinegar then added the broad beans and the courgettes. All was topped off with grated Parmesan and mixed with spaghetti. Lovely. Even the gals liked, Biggie said it was the best meal ever (though I think her fingers were crossed) and Booboo ate it, at least! It certainly made up for the hotdogs we ate for lunch :-)



If that's diet food, I can cope.

No comments:

Post a Comment