Friday 30 August 2013

Blog Off

I'm really fed up to day, in fact it all started late last night, continued through the night and into the day. It could be that going back to work is making me sad. I just get to know those gals of mine and learn to cope with them as a full time mother when I get pulled away and forced into relying on others and not knowing what to do with them on a weekend. They are so beautiful, funny and clever. In fact, I've said it before and I'll say it again: I feel sorry for those of you whose kids aren't mine! The mood could also be because somewhere, somehow, every thirty seconds or so there was a loud bang last night. It was so loud, I got up to investigate, whilst Husband#1 snored on. I wasn't asleep until after 2am and I had to be up at 7.30am to take the car for another service. That was a great improver of my mood. Not. Massive bill this week and then it has to go back in two weeks time for more work. Great.

So the day started with porridge and syrup for all (even Booboo had a small bowl) and then we went out into town for various things and ended up lunching in the same old deli as earlier in the week - you'd have thought we were made of money!

For tea I've made the girls chicken and sweetcorn soup - a really easy one is this. You sauté an onion and some garlic until soft and then add chicken - thighs are best. I used about 600g. I then stripped four sweetcorn cobs of the sweetcorn (straight into a bowl to avoid spillage!) and added to the pan once the chicken had browned. Finally I added about a litre of chicken stock, maybe slightly more and put the empty cobs back in for flavour. This simmered for about ten minutes when I added a cornflour and water mix to thicken and then served. I have another three portions in the freezer from this mix.



It's pizza night for Husband#1 and I. Garlic mushroom - not my favourite, but it will do. Just make sure to cook the mushrooms before you put them on the pizza or the pizza will be really soggy. I had way too many mushrooms tonight so managed to put some (cooked) in the fridge and we'll have them for tea on Monday on a lovely olive oil drizzled ciabatta.

Life isn't all bad, is it? My glass is definitely half full...

No comments:

Post a Comment