Saturday 24 November 2012

What an odd week. Have had a horrible sore throat and my voice just about went completely yesterday. Is up and down today, but I hope it comes back as I hate not being able to speak.

Last night's pizza was absolutely beautiful (if I say so myself) - salami, jalapeno and green pepper. But what really made it good were the 5 crushed cloves of garlic I mixed in with the tomato puree. Wow - I really pity those who hate garlic.


After a small head injury last night, resulting in two hourly checks of a little monster, we had a nice sleep in and then porridge with syrup. At 10am!!! What a luxury - usually I only allow one special breakfast a weekend, but I'm thinking that this time of year is so stressful at work and so dismal outside that perhaps a trip to the shop tomorrow morning and a little Cinnamon French toast wouldn't be bad, would it?!

And so to tonight...

Fairground Octopus (by Sir Rick, adapted by me), prawn and spring onion fritters (as before - Sir Rick, yours were a bit runny last week, I found!) with asparagus (roasted), artichokes (from Sainos!!! Don't really fit in but had to buy them to encourage stock) and chips. Oh, and not to forget the garlic mayo that husband #1 is about to make.

Am so looking forward to an evening of warm deliciousness dipped in garlic mayo. And with a nice red wine too. In the words of a heroine, how bad can that be?






No comments:

Post a Comment