Sunday 25 November 2012

The sore throat rasps on to see another day and all I want to do is sit and eat badness - it's going to be hard not to succumb. There's Dairy Milk in the kitchen and I haven't even attacked it yet; am very proud.

Jacket potatoes are in the oven, will be smothering them with butter and salt before the tuna, sweetcorn and mayonnaise gets applied. Sunday's are tough to mess up once I get to this stage as the tea is already on and I cannot bring myself to waste an already heated meal.

What would be good? Perhaps a nice, salty and spicy Chinese with loads of fluffy rice and noodles (has to be both or I'd be disappointed). To start, I might want hot and spicy soup, salt and pepper squid or some delicious pork and prawn dumplings with sweet chili sauce. Of course there has to be vegetables - even with a take away I'm a stickler. So perhaps some seaweed and/or fried broccoli. Maybe mixed vegetables? I'd take a good spoon of each. But maybe I'd prefer an Indian? What I get depends on where husband #1 would be willing to drive to. The best version would include chicken mangalore (love the whole red chillies) or goan king prawn - though there is a beautiful, low fat lamb and cauliflower dish too. Of course, tarka dahl is vital (veg), alongside a garlic nan and pilau rice. Maybe a mixed seafood starter (for 2, so I guess I'd share) or some samosas, bhajis or pakoras. Meat or vegetable? Don't care as long as there's spice. The cheaper version provides free poppadoms with chutneys - an advantage in anyone's eyes? There is an oddly pink korma (but rather tasty) and a lovely chicken rogan josh (thigh meat, really tender and juicy) - clearly still needs dahl, nan and rice.

How sad am I feeling now? My jacket potato, no matter how crispy the skin or how much salt and butter I add, will be sadly lacking in excitement and comfort. Who said it was good to dream?

http://facebook.com/recipe.mccookingseasy
https://twitter.com/WorkingMumCooks

No comments:

Post a Comment