Thursday 29 November 2012

...and the throat rasps on.

Back to work, extra long day, left for work at 7am, returned at 9pm and this has not helped the throat AT ALL. Is sore and once again rather raspy.

Plus sides are always present and husband #1 is earning brownie points cooking in the kitchen. Up I went to change, with the house smelling all citrussy, down I came to a glass of wine. Five minutes later I was served up a grilled halloumi, walnut and orange salad on a bed of watercress. What a lovely, unexpected surprise - I'd forgotten how salty yet creamy halloumi was. It's going to be a weekend of cheesy treats - I had a tub of cottage cheese for lunch, tomorrow night is of course pizza and Saturday's tea will be a full cheese fiesta (minus half the Stilton which was a snack last night!) snaffled whilst putting up the Christmas Tree.

Sunday is going to become a day of tradition, not sure quite what, but letters to Santa will be involved and perhaps a slow cooked (overnight) shoulder of lamb for lunch.

And so to the main course, not yet completed but it's been in the oven and it contains garlic. Can't be bad. I'm banned from the kitchen, so can't even get a sneak preview. What a pain.

Well, needless to say I'm well looked after on a night where the temperature in the McSignia dropped to -1 on the way home.

Hark, I hear the oven timer.....will update on the rest of my treats another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment