Sunday 11 November 2012

Last night had a beautiful tea by (Sir) Rick Stein of Padstow and me. Pot Roast Chicken with Chorizo and Leeks in Cider. Nice and easy to do, stuck it in the oven and it just did itself really, though my sausages were pretend chorizo 'style' by Sainos and I found I needed to add more paprika - really needed smoked but was horrified to find I'd run out and not noticed. I do wonder why (Sir) Rick doesn't mention the carrots in the title? They were lovely. It made loads and today I've frozen another two portions AND there was enough of the mash I made with it to freeze those as well, so two lovely teas there for the up-an-coming horrible half-term ahead.

So today it was porridge and syrup, Costco pizza and hotdog for linch, with toast for those still hungry (yes, well, we only bought 3 portions) then jackets and beans for tea.

About to go to bed with Dairy Milk and wine. I deserve a treat or two and will be perfect hereonafter until Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment