Wednesday 19 December 2012

Two days and Counting

Will I get to the end? Who knows. A presentation in briefing this morning brought a new meaning to nerves, add to that a day of assessment and a lunchtime meeting, and the chances are that exhaustive collapse before Friday are high.

And even before that there are high chances of food poisoning. Last night I realised that the beautiful vegetable tartes I'd bought for a lunch were use by yesterday. We agreed that money was too scarce to ignore them and so they would go to work today. Who forgot his? That's right. Husband #1 had a fresh, free school lunch whilst I ate salmonella and something akin to Norovirus. It tasted good. Probably all the better having been left out on the side in a hot office for the morning.

So to tea, which was a beautifully reheated lamb tagine, which I originally made for the girls but was too spicy, accompanied by a larger portion than necessary of rice - so what, I then ate three Ina Garten sized cheese straws. Ha ha ha.

Yes, that said cheese straws - baked by husband #1. Baking, on a Wednesday?! Yep. And my, they were good. Puff pastry, Gruyere, Parmesan and cheddar with dried thyme, salt and pepper. What else could you make?

Following last week's food fest on Saturday, with the lovely risotto and white chocolate and lemon mousse, I'm having to think long and hard about future (Mc)Cookings. I haven't used some of my ingredients for ages as I'm relying on my freezer stocks, but cooking is good, relaxing and satisfying. Being important as I am now becoming at work ;-) I am somehow going to have to have a think about how I reorganise the rest of my life. Or even just organising it in the first place would be good....

I don't want to hit an unGodly weight, become diabetic, have a heart attack or my kids to go to school in unironed gear. Something's got to give here - and I don't mean my zipper.

No comments:

Post a Comment