Friday 7 December 2012

Being a working mum who cooks is tough....

....but someone's go to do it.

Work is really tough at the moment - but fantastic at the same time. Food has gone downhill of late and there's been little in terms of new ideas or innovation, which is a shame. In fact today's weekly trip to the supermarket was done entirely from memory and so, having returned home and taken stock of what I have available to me I have the following meal list for the week:

 Tomorrow night will be a treat though as we've got loads of jacket potatoes in the garage so it will be asparagus, roasted in olive oil and sea salt dipped in garlic mayonnaise followed by a Barefoot style Steakhouse Steak and homemade, very deep fried chips and yet more garlic mayonnaise. Whilst I'm thinking about it I may just also do some onion rings as we also have quite a few of those lying around. I may as well have one last good meal before the chaos begins: Baby Big Girl is moving into a bed tomorrow and I dread the consequences. I've planned Cinnamon French Toast for breakfast on Sunday but may be too shattered to make it. The fear is tangible.

In the  meantime I'm starving. Last night a decision was made NOT to collect more milk from the One Stop due to the likelihood of yet more chocolate entering the house. Both blue and red were needed, but between the remaining blue and what green we had, I decided that we could manage at least for Baby Big Girl's bobby and our cups of tea (breakfast might take a kicking, but possibly not). Didn't the little pest take the opportunity last night to demand her first 3am bobby in about 10 months. What a nightmare. So definitely no breakfast followed by a meeting with someone important led to me eating the biscuits left over from last night's meeting for breakfast. At sainsburys I then ate a sample of breaded ham - it was nice, though I like mine sliced much thinner. Then I tried the piccalilli flavoured cheese. Disgusting. Had to have more breaded ham to get rid of the taste. And now I'm waiting for pizza - chicken, caramelised onion and green pepper. The favourite and just what a cold night in requires.

On a humorous note, glad to inform you that Baby Big Girl raided her sister's advent calendar. She went straight for number 24.  Clever girl that one....

No comments:

Post a Comment