Tuesday 11 December 2012

Hibernation

It is official. I am going into hibernation. I'm not sure when as work and children, in conjunction with seasonal commitments have all to take some priority. But I know I will go into hibernation because I am building up my fatty layers so that I stay warm over the long months ahead.

Husband #1 isn't helping. He keeps buying snacks and goodies. It's a little like when Hal kept secretly fattening up Lois on Malcolm in The Middle. Little things like swapping the skimmed milk for semi-skimmed, adding an extra 1/2 spoon of sugar to her tea etc etc. Currently he's planning a lovely tea for tomorrow night as I'll be working late and he's treating me. Not sure quite what, but we are having chips (on a week night!!) and he did say something about his meal 'not requiring vegetables.'

I have to say I'm looking forward to the weekend as I'll get to cook something nice. Not sure what yet, but I think I'll do something new. Maybe I'll come up with something which will prove useful for Boxing Day (remember the gluten free sister?). I've seen a make ahead dessert, but it includes amaretti biscuits. Thinking I could swap those. A shoulder of lamb would be good as I hear gluten free pittas are quite good. And maybe I could do something new with the salmon - who needs croute anyway? There was once a delicious flour free cake in the Sainos magazine which was lovely but I lost the mag and Sainos were too tight to forward the recipe after the fact.

Oh well. Sleep now calls. It won't be the long one tonight, but I'll take what I can, safe in the knowledge that I won't freeze.



No comments:

Post a Comment