Thursday 13 February 2014

Emotional Freedom Therapy

It's bad news, I'm afraid; biggie has not been chosen to participate in the cookery club. Grandad Kenny Camel texted me from picking her up to get her a treat as she was 'devastated.' So, feeling devastated myself, I bought her a new game.  Family games are the new thing, but between the Moshi Monster Memory Pair Game and the Doc McStuffings Memory Pair Game, there's little variety. Sometimes we play the Hello Kitty Guess Who Game, but I can't do it so everyone fights over who plays with Husband#1. I'll report back on the new game later...

Anyway, to add insult to my second-hand injury, at bedtime, my very manipulative five year old told me there was a letter in her school bag about the cooking club, and maybe she'd got a place...I knew this to be a fib as I'd discussed the letter and her knowing she was out with GKC. What could a Working Mum Who Cooks do? I had to go downstairs, get the letter to pretend to check it. Then, I had to 'break' the bad news to her, whilst she looked sad, as if hearing it for the first time. This broke my heart, even though I now know my little Madame is indeed a Manipulator and Attention-seeker in-chief.

Thus, I have no emotional freedom...but, my new EFT technique to stop overeating is working. No snacks since The Night of the Chocolate Mushroom binge. We'll see how long that lasts. Friday tomorrow, and that has to be a treat filled night. Saturday is, well, Saturday. This week, even Sunday will be bad as all the parents are over for lunch. I'm making pulled pork with BBQ sauce and (bought) coleslaw (your friends don't have more fun if you make coleslaw yourself - Ina Garten). Then, for pudding, we'll have a rice pudding cake from the Andy Bates Brazilian Street Food show. Never made slow roasted pork. Hope it's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment